As part of artistic team collaboratively designs and directs the dance or stylized movement in musical production of DAMN YANKEES to realize the director’s vision.
· Creates original choreography, teaches and notates dance steps and formations, cleans dance combinations, teaches techniques and dance steps,
· Works collaboratively with the Director and Designers to fulfill the vision or concept of the production
· Works with Director and Music Director to integrate choreography into the production
· Empowers and motivates participants to perform to the best of their capabilities
· Assists Director, Music Director, and Stage manager in creating weekly schedule. Assists with flow of communication to cast and crew.
· Attend auditions, all scheduled rehearsals and production meetings
· Conduct choreography brush-up rehearsals as needed through run of show
To apply submit resume and two to three video clips of dances choreographed for live musical theatre. Send files via We Transfer or Dropbox link to: email@example.com . Application deadline April 7, 2023.
DAMN YANKEES production information: Auditions Sunday, April 30 and Sunday, May 7. Rehearsals July 30 through September 20. Production run September 21 through October 28, 2023. Director Don Bluth. Choreographer stipend $600.
Finalist applicants will be invited to an in-person interview with director Don Bluth and production team; and will be asked to present/demonstrate example choreography from a number from the show.