Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Cast announced for KILL, MOVE, PARADISE at ASU Theatre



Tanner Conley as Isa
Michael McPherson as Daz
Jonathan Matthews as Grif
Kristopher Swint as Tiny
 

Quote from the playwright, Pulitzer Prize-winner James Ijames:

“I always say that I hope this play becomes obsolete one day. That’s like a crazy thing for a playwright to say. But I hope one day that people will say we don’t need to do this play anymore because we are different. We are better. And every time I think we have reached a point where maybe this play is obsolete, it’s suddenly not.”

 

Quote from ASU student Jonathan Matthews, who plays Grif:

“There’s a discovery of raw emotion that comes with a piece like this. A big piece of how I’ve been preparing is trying to get in touch with a character that’s been in limbo and drawing on my own experience as a Black man in society and the pressures that come with that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to avoid spam, comments will be moderated. Anonymous comments no longer will be allowed. If your comment is from an actual person it will be approved and posted in a timely manner.