Friday, September 29, 2023
Thursday, September 28, 2023
Auditions for a staged reading of MOTHERS-IN-LAW AND OTHER NATURAL DISASTERS announced for October 21
Auditions for A WINNIE-THE-POOH CHRISTMAS TAIL at Valley Youth Theatre announced for October 17 & 18
Wednesday, September 27, 2023
Childsplay, a professional theatre for young audiences in Tempe, Arizona, seeks an energetic, creative and detail oriented individual to join our marketing team as the Patron Experience Representative.
The Patron Experience Representative is a member of an ensemble that celebrates learning and creativity, encourages innovation, and provides opportunities for professional growth. This position supports the mission of Childsplay by helping to create dynamic patron moments for families and groups before, during, and after our public and school matinee performances to provide a full 360-degree experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Serve as the Childsplay representative during all public and school performances at the Herberger Theater Center (Nov/Dec 2023) and Scottsdale Center for the Performing Arts (Jan 2024) by welcoming patrons, managing and/or running interactive activities, working with volunteers, and providing excellent customer service to enhance and support the patron experience.
· Foster a productive and collaborative relationship with venue front of house team.
· Responsible for patron lobby engagement as part of our 360 Programming. This includes setting up, refreshing supplies, helping patrons participate in craft activities, taking photos, resetting between performances/cleaning up at end of day.
· Create seating charts and attendance lists for each field trip show.
· Complete performance reports for each performance.
· Promote and administer group sales program.
· Participate in engagement activities across electronic platforms.
· Support as needed weekly email marketing campaigns.
· Manage playbill content for design and print submission for each production.
· Duties will also include some basic clerical and administrative activities such as attending meetings, general correspondence, customer relations, creating and updating media and community contact lists, assistance in promotional events and writing assignments for programs and other communications.
· Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
· Some customer service and social media experience.
· Physical presence is required at the Herberger
Theater Center in downtown Phoenix and at the Campus for Imagination and Wonder
near central Tempe.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required
· Strong customer service skills.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Works well in a collaborative team environment.
· Ability to think creatively and with vision to help develop and implement plans that will increase awareness and improve public perception of Childsplay’s brand within the community.
· Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects and adjust to inevitable changes in timelines, deadlines, and project goals.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
· Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
· Proficiency in reading, writing, and/or speaking Spanish is a plus.
Conditions of Employment
· Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
· Must have or obtain an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
· Limited physical activity. Requires limited physical work; limited lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects up to 20 pounds, and standing for moderate amounts of time up to two hours. Physical work is not a primary part (more than 70%) of the job, however, bending, lifting, and carting boxes, tables and chairs may be required.
Applicants should apply with cover letter and resume via email with the subject line Patron Experience Representative Application to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. We will contact candidates whose qualifications meet the requirements for the job.
Childsplay values equity, diversity, and inclusion throughout our organization, programs and audiences. We are committed to giving underrepresented artists a safe space to create art and community. By welcoming people with differences in religion, ethnicity, sexual orientation, class, gender identity, ability, and age we are better able to celebrate that which brings humankind together: imagination and wonder.
Childsplay, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, color, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or marital status.
Founded in 1977, Childsplay’s mission is “to create theatre so strikingly original in form, content or both, that it instills in young people an enduring awe, love, and respect for the medium, thus preserving imagination and wonder, those hallmarks of childhood, that are the keys to the future.”
Please visit our website at www.childsplayaz.org for additional information about the company, our programs, and our work in the community.
Click here for more information on this production that runs through December 1
"Playwright Ken Ludwig is probably best known for his Tony-winning farce Lend Me a Tenor and his Tony-winning book for Crazy for You. Since he is known mostly for comedies, it was interesting to hear that the estate of Agatha Christie approached him to write the stage adaptation of Christie's 1934 novel, "Murder on the Orient Express." It turns out the decision to hire Ludwig was wise as the end result, which premiered in 2017, is one that Christie fans and lovers of stage thrillers will most likely find thrilling, humorous, and entirely enjoyable. Grand Canyon University's production is marvelous. The cast of young adults deliver rich performances, including excellent accent work, portraying this international cast of potential suspects, accompanied by sharp direction and gorgeous creative aspects....
Tuesday, September 26, 2023
|Carol MacLeod, E.E. Moe and Jeff Thomson (top row, left to right)|
Maria Cruz and Hannah Hensley (bottom row, left to right)