Ballet Arizona is seeking a full-time Box Office Manager to manage the operations of all ticket sales including the implementation and maintenance of our customer database. The Box Office Manager works to maximize ticket sales, increase and maintain customer loyalty, and perform financial reporting functions and all data analysis. The ideal candidate must be able to think strategically, be proactive and assertive, and manage staff through effective customer service, accurate transactions, strong leadership and clear communications.
- Manage Box Office employees, including seasonal help, while staying within a strict budget both at the office and performance venues
- Set up all events, subscription packages, and discounts in Tessitura and updates the ticketing portion of the BAZ website as needed
- Create and run customer lists and extractions from Tessitura
- Creatively assess BAZ ticketing needs with a focus on accurate reporting of patron data; recommend, select, and help locate appropriate solutions based on customer needs and desires
- Produce accurate daily sales reports and reconcile with Finance
- Oversee all aspects of ticketing including subscription, single ticket and group sales, complimentary tickets, gift certificates, etc.
- Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions and policies regarding payment and exchanges, and security practices
- Establish ticketing and event control procedures to minimize risk to the organization
- Run the box office with a high degree of customer service orientation in order to maintain excellent public relations with patrons.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years related experience in database management, preferably with Tessitura
- 3+ years of Box office/ticketing managerial experience
- Proven record of outstanding customer service
- Excellent speech clarity and active listening skills
- Competency in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Ability and willingness to work irregular and flexible hours is required
- Experience with demand pricing, social media marketing and promotions is preferred
To apply: Submit cover letter and resume to: HR@balletaz.org
Ballet Arizona is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer