State 48 Theatre Company is premiering Romeo & Juliet beginning this Friday The show will be presented as a three-part mini series and will air at 7 p.m. on Friday, Saturday and Sunday (Sept. 18-20).
- State 48 Theatre company presents a new twist on the classic tale of Romeo & Juliet - now set in the Old West!
- Join the all-ages cast in Verona, AZ, for an Old West tale of tragedy. Tybalt is a flashy cowboy, the Prince is the long-suffering sheriff, Mercutio is a whip-wielding, hard-drinking, cattle driver - she has a tangled relationship with more than one of the eligible bachelors in this town defined by which family you work for or call kin.
- Do Romeo and Juliet stand a chance in a town where the local preacher is also the saloon keeper and everybody carries a gun on their hip?
- “Romeo & Juliet” will be presented online as a high-quality video and streamed as a three-part mini-series at 7 p.m. on Sept. 18, 19 and 20. It will include a live Zoom talk-back with performers each evening.
- You can purchase a “virtual ticket” (to receive a link and watch the live stream) at https://state48theatre.com/payment-portal or via Venmo @State-48-Theatre. Individuals: $15; families: $40.
- The show will be broadcast at twitch.tv (no login required). Viewers also can download the Twitch app on a mobile device (login required) or watch the show on Apple TV or Chromecast. (We recommend logging in 15 minutes early to troubleshoot any tech issues.)