Friday, September 18, 2026

Review Highlights: COME FROM AWAY - Fountain Hills Theater

The Cast
Photo by Patty Torrilhon
 
highlights from local critics reviews - (click link at bottom of each review to read complete review)

Click here for more information on this production that runs through October 4

"About ten years ago, when I first heard that a musical about the events of September 11, 2001 was being developed and tried out at regional theatre companies, I was skeptical. I questioned why we needed a stage musical about such a painful and tragic moment in our history, and wondered what a musical could possibly add to our understanding of an event that had affected so many lives. I'm sure I wasn't alone in having those doubts. After having seen that show, Come from Away, on Broadway, on tour, in a regional production earlier this year, and on the 25th anniversary weekend of the event, it's understandable why this show has connected with so many. Instead of providing a salacious or sensationalized take on the events of what happened, it's a superb musical that focuses on people's compassion in times of need and the power of human kindness. Fountain Hills Theater's production of this Tony Award winning show has a lovely cast and rich direction that beautifully hits all of the highs and lows in the story and results in a moving, cathartic, and emotionally joyous celebration of life."   - Gil Benbrook, TalkinBroadway.com (click here to read the complete review)

No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to avoid spam, comments will be moderated. Anonymous comments no longer will be allowed. If your comment is from an actual person it will be approved and posted in a timely manner.