Saturday, July 29, 2017
audition notice - MY LOVE MY LUMBERJACK - B3 Productions - August 5
What: Open Call Auditions
Who: B3 Productions
When: Saturday, August 5th
From 9:00 to 11:30 AM
Where: The SIC Sense Theatre
19th Street and McDowell in Phoenix
1902-9 E. McDowell Rd., Phoenix, Arizona, 85006
How: To reserve your spot, please write ilanaB3productions@gmail.com
• Auditions will consist of conversation, light improv, and readings from the script.
• Please arrive early if you do not print and fill out your audition form at home, and plan on being there the whole time. We will be starting at 9:00 AM.
• Sides are available, and will be sent after you reserve your spot, along with the audition form.
• Please bring a headshot and resume if you have them, but if not, don’t let that deter you. All experience levels are welcome.
• Due to the adult nature of the play, actors under 18 will be required to have a parent contact the director at ilanaB3productions@gmail.com before the date of auditions to discuss possible involvement with the show.
In an eerie forest by the sea, far removed from the comfort of her village, Sandra escapes from loneliness into the arms of Peter, her simple, handsome lumberjack. One night, when Sandra is unable to sleep, she ventures into the woods and encounters something…otherworldly. Elsewhere, Captain Jabipidy Jones—a regretful, vicious pirate—is preparing to make landfall. Unable to break free of the questions from her ghastly confrontation, Sandra begins a dangerous journey where many truths collide…and nothing is what it seems. my love | my lumberjack is a fairy tale for adults about trust, naïvety, manipulation, darkness, and the hazards of love.
Character Breakdown (subject to change)
Sandra Female; 20s Naïve, impressionable, beautiful…powerful
Peter Male; 30s Valiant, strong, handsome
Gus Male; 40s Humble, witty narrator; a troubled map maker; strange, peculiar
Jabipidy Jones Male; 40s A regretful, vicious pirate who is used to getting his way
Cyrus Male; 20s/30s First mate; cruel, salty, sarcastic
Bill Male; 20s/30s Second mate; Simple, kind
Merchant Male; 20s/30s Clever, youthful; focused on self-preservation
Whisper Female; 40s An eerie voice