Monday, July 13, 2020

The Virtual Theatre of Arizona presents ANTONY AND CLEOPATRA on July 17


The Virtual Theatre of Arizona is proud to present a visionary take on Antony and Cleopatra. 

From the Director, Alejandra Luna: 

"I have found a deep love of doing Shakespeare because of the universality of the words and the impact it has had in my life. It's a complicated relationship though, because Shakespeare wrote for his environment and his environment was mostly Cis, heteronormative and White. The majority of the time, that is the way that it is performed. But I have been impacted the most, as an audience member and as an artist, when those expectations were challenged. As a director, I want to showcase that. I firmly believe that any of his characters can and should be played by anyone, especially today. I wanted to reflect that in this cast. Additionally, the show showcases some of the amazing talent we have here in Arizona, that is also able to do classical work. I hope we will be able to challenge people to critically think about the importance and endless possibilities when color conscious casting is implemented on the shows we put on."

Please join us on Friday, July 17th at 7pm, LIVE on our Facebook page (fb.me/virtualtheatreaz).

No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to avoid spam, comments will be moderated. Anonymous comments no longer will be allowed. If your comment is from an actual person it will be approved and posted in a timely manner.