Monday, June 4, 2018

Couture gown from Arizona to hit the Tony Award red carpet


from our friends at ASU Gammage:

The Tony Awards red carpet will be lined with some of the most spectacular designer gowns Sunday.

One Southwest fashion designer will have his one-of-a-kind gowns on the red carpet for Broadway’s biggest night in New York City, at Radio City Music Hall, Sunday, June. 10.

Emerging designer and artist, Esteban Osuna, from Tucson, Arizona, has provided a couture gown to Arizona’s only Tony Award voter, Colleen Jennings-Roggensack, executive director at ASU Gammage, where she’s been presenting the best of Broadway for more than 25 years.

The design features a grand skirt with a floral brocade fabric that Osuna says inspired him for his Casa De Osuna collection.  “I wanted to create a look that is regal, and powerful, and fierce. When I found this fabric, I immediately fell in love and thought it would go perfectly with the direction I was going in. I knew I wanted my finale piece to make a statement, so when creating the skirt, I went for something a queen would wear. It stands out because it is so big and beautiful.”

Osuna is thrilled about the upcoming national and international exposure. He says he’s honored and appreciative that Jennings-Roggensack is a strong advocate for the arts and local design.

“Colleen really cares about people and their stories and where they come from. She is a strong and caring person, and she recognizes local artists who connect with the community. To have her wear this regal gown, it just fits perfectly. I think she is going to look so incredible on the red carpet and I cannot wait to see it.”

More at estebanosuna.com

The Tony Awards air live this Sunday, June 10th, on CBS

No comments:

Post a Comment

In order to avoid spam, comments will be moderated. Anonymous comments no longer will be allowed. If your comment is from an actual person it will be approved and posted in a timely manner.