Tuesday, September 6, 2016
audition notice - SCROOGE IN ROUGE - Mesa Encore Theatre - October 10
Scrooge in Rouge finds a 23-member acting troupe about to perform A Christmas Carol reduced to three by a shared case of post-Christmas-party food poisoning. The show must go on, for better or worse, which means that the three actors left standing have to shoulder the entire production, running from role to role throughout the production. The show is a rendition of A Christmas Carol with a little bit of the style and pace of Greater Tuna and The 39 Steps. The level of hilarity is like that seen in the old Carol Burnett comedy show featuring Conway and Harvey Corman. The humor in the show may not be suitable to anyone under the age of 13!
Directed by Jean-Paoul C. Clemente
Audition dates and times:
Monday, October 10th, 7:00 pm
These will be GROUP AUDITIONS! Sign in will start at 7pm with the actual audition starting at 7:30.
To sign up for auditions please email the producer, Jason K. Walz at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject: “SCROOGE AUDITIONS”.
First read through will be October 12th with Rehearsals beginning the following week. Rehearsals will run Monday to Thursday with some Sundays.
Performance Dates: 12/02/2016 to 12/18/2016
Production will include approximately six (6) weeks of rehearsal, a Full Tech Week and at least nine (9) performances that will span three (3) weekends (Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday Matinee). Depending on tickets sales a Saturday matinee, and additional shows, maybe added the week prior to Christmas. Please be aware of this when auditioning! The performances will be at the newly build MET at 933 – Black Box space at 933 E Main St, Mesa AZ 85203.
933 E. Main St, Mesa (MET rehearsal space @ Main St. and Horne)
Casting needs: 2 females and 1 male *or* 2 males and 1 female. The mix chosen will be based on the strengths of the auditions.
• Please wear comfortable clothing. Auditions will consist of physical movement, singing, and readings from the script.
• Prepare at least two comedic songs (16 bars per song) from any genre that shows off your voice. Please bring sheet music in the correct key. If in doubt, the bawdier the better.
• Men are encouraged to prepare one song to show Falsetto range.
Piano accompanist provided (again – you must bring sheet music).
With a cast of 3 playing 23 characters Scrooge in Rouge is a fast paced physical comedy.
Casting the following roles:
• Miss Vesta Virile - the world renowned male impersonator who plays Ebenezer Scrooge (Female actor).
• Lottie Obbligato - the Songbird from the South Bank who plays multiple roles (Male actor).
• Charlie Schmaltz - the East End Henry Irving who plays multiple roles (Female or Male actor).