Tuesday, July 12, 2016
Update on Arizona Theatre Company - Pledges to Save ATC Nearing Half-Million Dollars
• The statewide effort to raise $2 million by Friday to enable Arizona Theatre Company (ATC) to produce its 50th anniversary season has generated $447,620 from 599 donors, doubling the amount reported on July 8.
• Additional pledges and commitments are pending.
• Total donors as of 3 p.m. today include 330 from Tucson contributing $227,432 and 230 from Phoenix generating $220,188. 29 donors from out-of-state and outside the Phoenix and Tucson metro areas have contributed $15,790.
• To make a contribution or for more information, visit www.arizonatheatre.org.
• “The momentum has been steadily building and we remain cautiously hopeful,” said ATC Managing Director Billy Russo. “But, we have a deadline looming and major decisions to be made this week and we are staying vigilant in our outreach. We are incredibly grateful for the broad-based response so far.”
• “We know that those who have supported us in this effort not only want to see ATC continue operating, but also have expectations as to how we will move forward if we are successful,” Russo said. “Throughout this process, we have been having very serious strategic conversations to ensure that we meet those expectations in terms of cost-effectiveness and efficiency for the 50th anniversary season and beyond.”
DEADLINE IS JULY 15
• ATC announced on June 30 that Tucson business leader and board member Mike Kasser had guaranteed $1 million from the Tucson community if an equal amount can be raised through outreach efforts statewide.
• An anonymous donor provided $100,000 as a separate donation, extending the fund-raising deadline to July 15.