Hale Centre Theatre will hold auditions for Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, playing October 13, 2016 – November 26, 2016. The show is produced by David and Corrin Dietlein, directed by Cambrian James, music directed by Lincoln Wright, choreographed by Cambrian James, and casting directors David and Corrin Dietlein. Performances are Wednesday – Saturday nights with Saturday matinees and possibly some Friday matinees. The last week of the show, performances will be Monday - Saturday.
The way this audition will function is as follows:
● Saturday, August 6th will be a DANCE AUDITION ONLY. The time slots are broken up in 30 minute increments between 10:00 AM and 12:00 PM. Come dressed in dance attire. You will be taught the dance during your time slot.
● IF YOU ARE AUDITIONING FOR ADAM & MILLY ONLY (meaning you will not take any other role) or one of the older roles, Preacher and Mrs. Perkins, then sign up for a slot on Saturday, August 13th which will be just before call backs. For the roles of Milly and Adam, prepare 16 bars of music and bring the sheet music. An accompanist will be provided. For Preacher and Mrs. Perkins, you will be reading sides. These may or may not be posted in advance. If they are posted you will be notified, otherwise expect readings to be cold from the script.
Based upon the Academy Award-nominated 1954 film, this musical tells the story of the headstrong Adam Pontipee who comes to a small mountain town in search of a good wife. When he meets the headstrong Milly it will change his life – for better or for worse! Exuberant dancing, romance, and tons of fun make this classic show one of the greatest musicals of all time!
Audition Information: Saturday, August 6th
● August 6th: For those auditioning for any of the brothers, the brides, or the suitors, be prepared to dance.
● If you are auditioning for Adam, Milly, Preacher, or Mrs. Perkins only, then make sure to sign up for an appointment on August 13th.
● Adams and Millys only will need to prepare 16 bars of music. Please bring the sheet music with you and an accompanist will be provided.
● Preachers and Mrs. Perkins will be reading sides. These may or may not be posted in advance. If they are posted you will be notified, otherwise expect readings to be cold from the script.
● The casting directors use Casting Manager during the casting process. Please post your head shot and resume to your Casting Manager profile.
Call backs for Seven Brides for Seven Brothers will be held Saturday, August 13th with the first read through scheduled for Monday, August 29th at 7:00 PM.
Auditions will be held at the theater located at 50 West Page Avenue in Gilbert.
How to make an appointment
You can sign up for appointments at http://castingmanager.com/audition/info/eSvlnCKcIC4s1kJ
Each adult actor 16 years of age and older will receive a payment of $25.00 per performance.
Runtime: Approximately 2 hours and 30 minutes. Auditions are by appointment only. Any questions may be emailed to email@example.com.
MILLY: (20-30; Vocal range: G3-E5) A feisty, beautiful, frontier woman with a vibrant sense of humor. Strong-willed, smart, and unafraid to say how she feels. She falls in love with Adam.
ADAM: (30-40; Vocal range: B3-A5) The eldest of seven brothers. A tall and attractive hunk. Farmer and hunter. Vigorous, confident, charming. He falls in love with Milly.
ALICE: (16-19; Vocal range: A3-C5) Sweet but very naïve and not too bright. Very excitable and a hopeless romantic. Falls in love with Gideon.
GIDEON: (18-21; Vocal range: C4-G5) The youngest brother. Shy, sensitive, and deeply honest to a fault. Still rough around the edges like his brothers. Eventually falls in love with Alice.
DORCAS: (20-25; Vocal range: A3-C5) She is feisty. Works in her parents' store and rebels against their overbearing nature. Pushes the dress code. Falls in love with Benjamin.
BENJAMIN: (25-35; Vocal range: F5-C4) The second eldest and second in command. A driven leader who is as quick to being hot tempered as he is to action. Falls in love with Dorcas.
RUTH: (20-25; Vocal range: A3-C5) A buttoned-down teacher. Very practical with a sensuality underneath. A problem solver. The mother of the group of girls. Falls in love with Caleb.
CALEB: (20-30; Vocal range: F5-C4) A brother. Solid and smart, he a hunter who is unaccustomed to women. The most levelheaded of the brothers. Falls in love with Ruth.
LIZA: (18-21; Vocal range: A3-C5) A homebody attached at the hip to Martha. She is very superstitious. Eventually falls in love with Daniel.
DANIEL: (20-25; Vocal range: C4-F5) A brother. He is rough-and-tumble, unkempt, and talkative. Falls in love with Liza.
MARTHA: (18-22; Vocal range: A3-C5) A bit of a goody two-shoes who does everything with Liza. She eventually falls in love with Ephraim.
EPHRAIM: (20-25; Vocal range: C4-F5) A brother. Rough-and-tumble and unkempt. He is like a twin with Daniel, but less talkative. Falls in love with Martha.
SARAH: (15-20; Vocal range: A3-C5) A gardener and "tom boy" raised in a family of boys. She has a fiery sense of exuberance. Falls in love with Frank.
FRANK: (20-25; Vocal range: C4-F5) A brother. He is a hot head who is always ready to erupt. Reluctant to do anything that might be classified as sissy. The most rugged and "uncivilized" of all the brothers. Falls in love with Sarah.
MRS. PERKINS: (45-65) Owner of the local restaurant and Ruth's mother. She is conservative and very protective of her daughter.
PREACHER: (40-55) Alice's father. A peaceful and deeply religious man who loves his daughter. Dislikes confrontation.